Rock and Roll

Created by
The4bestQueenie (She/her)
on Friday, 15-Sep-2023 22:11:51 UTC

Character avatar

Rocksy The4bestQueenie (She/her) 7 months ago

Rocksy coated her fingertips in stone and brickwork, dragging them through the sides of buildings and leaving deep gouges in them like claw marks as she looked for the cape she'd heard ran around this area. Boss thought that they'd make a good fit for the group, and if not, then it meant a good fight, though she was certainly hoping for another cape to fuck up the shiny shit that is the PRT.

Character avatar

Cruach AnOrganism 7 months ago

Cruach is on one of her usual scouting patrols. She's not looking for a fight or on any particular job, instead using the time to flex her powers and take in what she can of the city. The sensation of pushing her body, muscles thrumming but breathing smooth as she runs over, around, and through the various obstacles on the rooftops of this area of Denver. She's been frequenting this set of blocks lately, never the same route or timing, but certainly the same general area. She feels she's gained a passable familiarity for it, so when she runs across gouges in the brick that certainly weren't there before, her interest is piqued. She's yet to run into serious cape activity here, though she's been looking. She takes a quick pause to take in the scent associated with the markings, at the same time a few creatures which heavily resemble moths scatter from under her costume, spreading out through the area. With the trail found, and a concrete goal in mind, she begins the chase, following the path to the best of her considerable ability. Should she find the one responsible, she would hold off on making herself know for at least a few moments, doing her best to gauge the individual and their purpose here. Her approach is near silent, and from a direction where she shouldn't be easily visible, helped by the dim light and cluttered city layout.

Character avatar

Finding Rocksy isn't exactly a challenge to find or stalk, loudly stomping around the area with her blue and purple costume doing minimumal blending into to the night as cool colours tend to do. She seems to gear bored quickly, grabbing at random objects and shifting her body around, flesh to stone to wood to metal mixing and dancing across her arm.

Character avatar

Cruach takes the opportunity to observe the other cape, noting any potential gear or costume features of interest, and any specifics of her power that may be relevant or noteworthy. More moth like creatures spread out over the area, and a number of slightly larger flying creatures resembling dragonflies join them. All do their best to stay out of sight, and stay relatively still besides, conserving energy.

Satisfied with her preparations, she makes her way closer as quietly and stealthily as possible. If she manages to get within decent speaking range, ideally on the same vertical level, without being noticed, she would clear her throat to get the other cape's attention.

"What are you doing here?" Her voice is soft, but carries well, and her tone is that of professional interest, though there's a hint of accusatory danger.

Cruach stands a bit over six feet, her costume seemingly well put together and professionally made, with numerous pockets and pouches to hold gear, and flowing slightly loose fabric to allow for free movement. Her eyes aren't visible behind the lenses of her owl-like mask, and her posture is easy and seemingly relaxed; nonetheless, Rocksy would likely get the impression that she's being watched closely, sized up, evaluated as a potential threat. All in all, while likely rather intimidating, Cruach doesn't seem immediately hostile.

Character avatar

The younger cape swung around, her left arm dragging against the stone to wrap around her form, causing allowing herself to bulk up slightly, hands turning into sharp claws. She dropped into a combat stance, regarding Crauch infront of them as they snorted. "I'm reaching into my pocket to grab a note, don't do anything stupid alright?" She said, pulling out a leatter and tossing it onto the ground infront of Cruach. "Boss lady says you might hate the fucking PRT the same way I do, so wanted to give you the opporunity to earn some cash and spit in their fucking face."

"Names Rocksy, part of the Creed of the Hydra, we're making money and pissing off the fucking cops at the same time, intrested?"

Character avatar

Behind her mask, some of Cruach's eyes follow the letter. There's a quick flurry of motion as she takes a step forward, bends her knees, catches the letter, stands straight, and then steps back to her previous position. Throughout the entire display, it would appear to Rocksy that she never took her eyes off of her. She brings the letter slightly closer to her face, turning it around to examine it with one hand, while the other withdraws a pocket knife from a hidden pocket on her costume. Should she perceive nothing to be off about the letter, she would open it and begin unfolding its contents.

"I'm a mercenary, for the right price I can be interested. That said, I'm not looking to be permanently recruited into any groups, and I'm certainly not interested in bringing the weight of the authorities down on myself for no good reason." Her voice bears the same sort of calm reservation it did before, no hint of exertion from the earlier explosion of activity.

She takes in the content of the letter, still keeping some attention on Rocksy herself, gauging her response, and filing away the given information.

Character avatar

The letter is penned in excellent calligraphy, reading as followed in a golden ink on pitch black paper.

"To the mercenary roaming the streets of our fair city.

This letter is to extend an invitation to join with our group, the Creed of the Hydra. We seek to control the flow of crime in this city, and spit in the face of the protectorate and Parahuman Response Team who deem themselves as arbiters of justice. Whilst we would most love to have you join our ranks in full, we understand such trust is not to be extended lightly and that you have your own wants and needs that must be attended to.

With this following I would seek to have a conversation with you, to seek what we could achieve together. Be it heiring you as a retainer for your services or you joining as a temporary or full member.

Yours Faithfully, The Hydra's Head."

Rocksy stood there restlessly, flexing and unflexing her muscles as she paced back and forth. "No good reason? Please theres plenty good reason to give those fuckers a black eye or worse. Don't tell me you got any love lost for those boot lickers?"

Character avatar

Cruach scans the letter a number of times, committing it to memory. Once she's satisfied, she folds it back up, slips it into the envelope, pulls a lighter from another hidden pocket, and sets it on fire. Only once it has fully burned away, the last embers going out where they were dropped on the rooftop, does she adress Rocksy again.

"I will hear what The Hydra's Head has to say in person, if nothing else. I will not be joining any group, however, and should they force the issue their problems will only grow."

Her head follows Rocksy's pacing, and she's subtly repositions herself such that she's in a good position to run or fight at any time. "Good reasons do exist, yes. That doesn't mean I want the full weight of the law brought down on my head, or the heads of any organization I work with. It's best to play the long game, to build a strong position, and they've done a remarkable job of exactly that. If your primary focus is the hobbling of the PRT, over aggression and outright attacks will get you exactly the opposite."

Character avatar

"Sounds to me like you're too chicken shit to fight 'em and just wanna make excuses." She snorts derivitivly. "But fucking whatever. Hydra ain't gunna fight you, we're here to make money, have a good time and beat the hero fuckers shins in, and none of them mean we have to fuck with you, you feel me?"

"Having said that..." The rocky girl gets a twisted grin on her face. "Boss lady said I was to ensure you knew how good it could be working with a team. So if you got any fucking jobs to do or skulls to smack, for one night only you got me as backup, what do you say?"

Character avatar

"If it's a test of my fighting abilities you're after, I'll oblige." There's a hard tone to her voice, and it's clear she's quite serious. She takes a slight step forward, posture turning a bit more agressive. "Ask any cape that's been on the scene for a significant amount of time, they'll tell you something similar to what I've told you, if they have a brain between their ears."

"I've worked on teams. But I won't turn that offer down provided you show good discretion. The second I get a hint of funny business, the second you pull something, the second you don't follow a direction, I leave and you can cancel my meeting with The Hydra's Head. Am I clear?" She's pulled back, posture difficult to read, especially through her costume, waiting for a response as she contemplates the best course of action.

Character avatar

Rocksy The4bestQueenie (She/her) 6 months ago

"Rather not get into a fight, bit banged up from one already, but if thats what you want I'll fucking back you up." She shrugged, crabbing a handful of brick as her hand turns into stone she grinned. "Powers are pretty fucking simple. I touch something, turn my body into it and get strong enough to smash whatever I've become. Can turn into water and shit to sneak in places as well."

Character avatar

Cruach AnOrganism 6 months ago

"Good." She leaves it at that, but her posture does relax slightly, and some of the hints at slight motion on the periphery of the meeting area cease. If Rocksy were to pay very close attention to the surroundings, she may notice what appear to be moths of various sorts where the hints of motion were.

"I can work with that." She pauses, briefly thinking over the options if they're to work together. Nothing too sensitive, and something that will actually put the other cape to good use. "How well do you know this part of the city?"

Character avatar

Rocksy The4bestQueenie (She/her) 6 months ago

Rocksy is certainly not observant enough to see the small details of moths bussing around, rolling her shoulders and humming for a second to think about the question. "I know plenty of the seedier places" She commented after a moment. "I ain't gone snooping around the Highrise though, more stuck to slums and sewers and shit"

She continues with a sick grin. "Course, if we;'re going after the fuckers in the PRT I know the land alot better, done plenty of planing for kicking up a shit in their backyard. But I'm thinking you don't want that heat, you know."

Character avatar

Cruach AnOrganism 6 months ago

"Perfect." There's another small pause as she thinks things over. "I've been keeping tabs on a few people and organizations in the area, another set of eyes will help. If you get too antsy, there's always sabotage, if you're careful about it."

Her voice takes a harder tone, as though delivering an order. "We are not touching the PRT. Not tonight."

She turns, and begins walking in the direction she came in from initially, making a small gesture for Rocksy to follow. "What do you know about this area? Specifics, please."