A Fishy Patrol

Created by
Fire209
on Saturday, 05-Aug-2023 22:28:23 UTC

Character avatar

Nereid Fire209 9 months ago

Nereid finishes slipping into her swimsuit- Honestly it's a bit tight but it helps to be able to shapeshift into an eel to get in there then turn back to fit in snuggly. Heading to the preparation area, she looks around, before settling on a bench, waiting for Powerplay. She seems cheerful, but inside she's a little nervous. Her first patrol and all.

Character avatar

Powerplay MisfitMaid 9 months ago

"Yo," a voice says from above precisely 36 seconds late, and descending from the heavens is Powerplay, a young lady in a flashy dazzle-camo costume. She lands next to Nereid with an alarmingly rough thump, nearly spilling the to-go coffee she was carrying with her.

"Sorry, had to get in some last-minute being yelled at. So what's the plan?"

Character avatar

She glances over slightly startled, and gives her a big smile. "Hey! I think we're doing a bit of a circuit around down town today, the dossier said we'd head out directly from here and do a circuit." She stands up, and offers a hand, "Hi, uhm, I'm Nereid. Powerplay, yeah?"

Character avatar

"You know it baby," Powerplay says, shooting a fingergun before slightly awkwardly returning a handshake. "Cool shit. You do, like, turning into Sea World shit yeah? Like fishes and stuff? Sorry, they keep throwing more and more files at me expecting me to remember every single cape from here to Vegas."

Character avatar

She chuckles, shaking her hand before releasing. "Fish, Dolphins- really anything that can swim. I can turn into a polar bear if it fits my fancy. That and I can swim through the air. How about you? I know you can fly, and shoot a kind of energy bolt? Can you keep up if we go on a flying Patrol?"

Character avatar

"Oh hell yeah! That's cool as fuck dude!" Powerplay grins. "As for me, yeah, basically shit I get hit with I absorb and send back at 'em. There's more to it than that but honestly you get the picture. And of course I'm down to do some flying, that shit never gets old :)" She takes the opportunity to show off her vertical, leaping up into the air and doing a little circle above.

Character avatar

Nereid looks up with a smile, and then you see her sort of fold up into herself. It looks a little weird for a few seconds but before you know it there's a bottlenose dolphin swimming through the air up by you. It opens its mouth in that cheeky smile Dolphins give, and you hear her voice emmanate from the dolphin. "Let's go!"

With a quick twirl as she shoots off swimming, she swims out into the open air out of the entrance, glancing around, and then back to see if Powerplay follows.

Character avatar

"Lets fukken goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo," Powerplay hollers in direct contrivance of PRT Image Regulation 6.32(a), as she shoots off after the Nereidolphin.

Character avatar

Nereid races off alongside Powerplay, darting through the air as she laughs, and occasionally lets off a few clicks to let her echolocation do its thing. This was fun! Now she could only hope not to run into any trouble on her first patrol.

Character avatar

Peek-a-Boo Lightning 9 months ago (edited 9 months ago)

Peek-a-Boo lay on a rooftop, legs hanging off the edge as she sprawled out, staring into the sky. Reaching into her tattered cloak, she pulled out and checked her phone, then sighed and put it away again. She sat up slowly, twisting from side to side to crack her back, only to pause as she saw two figures flying towards her general direction.

With a grin, she stood up, silhouetting herself against the sky and turned towards the other parahuman and their... pet?

Character avatar

A click, a return. The Echolocation is actually rather intuitive to use, her instincts guiding her into the varying tones and spacing of the clicks to be able to hone a general sense of her surroundings. It wasn't anything impressively precise, but it had rather good range to it, which was why she noticed the figure on the rooftop well ahead of being in line of sight, which was fine. People did that. When they stood up on the roof, she noticed and looked their way, giving the citizen a friendly Dolphin smile and a few clicks.

Character avatar

"Oh hey, a motherfucker," Powerplay says, mostly to herself, as she redirects along with Nereid towards the figure.

"Hey buddy, how's the rooftop brooding going?" she calls out, trying to sound friendly-ish.

Character avatar

Peek-a-Boo Lightning 9 months ago

Peek-a-Boo's head tilted to the side in thought, almost imperceptibly under her hood and veil. As they got closer, they could see that the "brooding" figure is short, though nothing else about her person is visible under the dark, tattered cloak that she wears.

"Particularly badly. No one ever mentions how boring it can be," the figure admitted in a young, feminine voice, obscured only slightly by an obviously forced, raspy whisper. "But now that you and your... projection," she glanced at the flying dolphin, "are here, maybe we could have some fun."

Character avatar

Nereid says nothing for now, simply tilting her head at Peek-a-Boo, and letting out a few clicks for posterity, getting a very vague scan of her surroundings.

Character avatar

Powerplay MisfitMaid 8 months ago

"Oh yeah, I feel you there. Days can stretch on too long, yeah? That cabin fever to go break some kneecaps or whatever right?" She laughs. "But maybe that was just me, you should see what this bad bitch can do when you really piss her off." There's a gesture towards Dolphin Nereid.

"So I guess it's just polite to ask, whats your idea of fun when you're not cosplaying as a chain-smoker?" The floating hero leans forward, a cocky smirk plainly visible, almost daring...

Character avatar

Peek-a-Boo Lightning 8 months ago

"Chain-smoker?" Peek-a-Boo blurts out, forgetting to disguise her voice. "I don't sound that bad, do I?" She shakes her head vigorously. "Uh, forget I asked that." She glances between the parahuman and the dolphin before she steps forward, teetering on the edge of the roof.

"I've not had a chance to test myself against the locals yet. Wanna be my first?" she asks with a playful lilt.

Character avatar

Nereid Fire209 8 months ago

Nereid says nothing, merely observing as she begins to shift, form lengthening and broadening as black and white coloration begin to appear on her skin. She hasn't yet fully transformed, but it's looking like she's getting close to a fully grown Orca.

Character avatar

"Oh, you wanna?" Powerplay's cocky smirk grows. "I mean, I'd be down for a little spar." There's a little glance towards Nereid, the more observant might note a hint of a questioning expression...

Character avatar

Peek-a-Boo’s head snaps towards the dolphin as it begins to shift forms, hesitantly taking a step back as it grew and grew.

From the darkness of her hood, quiet muttering can be heard as she analyzed the situation. “Right, multi-form minion. Master has flight-type mover abilities. Master first, hope the minion disappears.” The words are soft, barely whispers.

With a resolute nod she looks back at Powerplay. “Let’s do it,” she confirms, her voice steady. Without waiting for their first move, she sinks down into the roof and seemingly disappears.

Character avatar

Nereid Fire209 8 months ago

As she swings her head around to look, Nereid's form finalizes into an honestly quite large orca, at around 20 feet in length, she releases more clicks, sonar pulsing out to get a sense of her surroundings, though she remains where she is in midair, awaiting Peek-a-boo's first move.

Character avatar

Powerplay raises an eyebrow as her newfound sparring partner sinks into the rooftop, floating back a couple feet before giving Nereid a glance.

"Useful power for when you drop your phone under the seat while you're driving," she quips sarcastically. "Should we be, like, calling this in? Does this count as stopping crime? Is it actually fighting if we're both into it?"

Character avatar

Six seconds after she fully disappeared, she reappears on the opposite side of the roof, crawling out of the ground like a zombie from a B movie horror flick. After getting to her feet, she strikes a classic karate stance then pauses as she looks at the cape and the orca.

"You're still over there?" She questions, head tilting slightly.

Character avatar

Nereid Fire209 7 months ago

Nereid gives a noncommital wave of the flippers to Powerplay before turning to look directly at Peekaboo and beginning to swim over, and accelerating, looking like she was about to ram into her, a grinning Orca.