A Meeting of Three

Created by
AnOrganism
on Thursday, 27-Jul-2023 07:24:57 UTC

Character avatar

Cruach AnOrganism 9 months ago

It's late, the sun has set and the air is cooling, aided by a slight breeze. Given that it's the middle of the week, and the sunset was a while ago, it's not too much trouble to find a small park that isn't occupied. A figure descends from a nearby rooftop, making its way near silently into said park. Cruach, clad in her usual costume, a set of loose clothing allowing easy movement, a cloak, and a mask resembling the face of an owl, all put together and themed in a rather cohesive and professional way, sets foot in the park and immediately begins pacing. She seems jumpier and more on edge than the situation would warrant, constantly checking her surroundings, and freezing at the slightest noise.

Eventually, she stops and sits down at a park bench. She holds stock still, apparently staring at a point in the distance, for a number of minutes. Motion returns abruptly as a number of what appears to be moths leave her costume to flit about the park, and she slumps forwards, mask in hands, before getting up to pace again.

Character avatar

Mechakoloss Dee 9 months ago

Mechakoloss had been watching the fidgeting person in their costume fret about for roughly five minutes. The pacing and nervous wandering catching her attention on her way out of the small coffee/hobby shop she'd been collecting supplies from. She took another sip of the frappuccino through her straw and hummed.

"What do you think buddy?" [Wandering mercenary. Minimal threat. Possibly waiting for a client.] "What are the chances that client means trouble?" [Estimated 73% Pilot.]

The woman would nod and sip her drink again through the straw she'd poked under her mask. Her hand moving down to gently tap at the chain around her belt. She'd keep an eye out. Make sure no one got hurt, hopefully all of this would blow over easily enough.

Character avatar

Masstress TheTwins 9 months ago

Masstress strolled through the park having decided to take a break from her attempts at patrols. She had been hoping for a robbery, maybe a few muggings, heck she would even take a drunken fight in the street at this point, but nope everyone seemed to be either on their best behaviour or far better at keeping out of sight. Despite her height, the tall woman seemed to move with barely a sound, the footsteps being muffled as she came into view of one of the parked benches.

Though it wasn't the park benches that gave her pause, the costumed individual upon them. She looked restless, pacing, and posture and movements it looked like Masstress wasn't the only one having a terrible night. Crossing her arms and giving it a thought for a moment, she eventually shrugs and starts to approach. Sure she might not be able to find a fun crime to stop and get some attention, but she could at least maybe try to make someones sucky day a little less sucky.

She strode forward, a sway in her step and her long coat matching the movements before unceremoniously, she threw herself down on the bench next to them, arms stretched out across the back of it.

"Now a lot of people having a bad night would do this at home, or at least have something to drink with them. Besides a park is supposed to be relaxing and your seeming anything but, something eating at you?"

Character avatar

Her head turns minutely towards the approaching cape, though her reactions seem muted. She stares for a couple of seconds, before going back to looking forwards. In a voice barely above a whisper, she responds. "You're new, I guess. May as well humor this." She pauses. "It started mid patrol, drinking wouldn't do anything, even if it would have an effect." She sighs and leans back into the bench. "Don't know why I bother."

She takes a notable exhale and inhale. Something under the hood of her costume shifts. She freezes, and her head turns to fully face Mastress, as though focusing on her properly for the first time in the exchange. From the vicinity, a dozen or so moths descent onto Mastress's form, where the sit unnaturally still.

"Oh fuck." It's clear from her tone and volume change that she's shaken. She shoots up to a standing position, whirling to face the presumably still sitting cape, leans in, and (if not interrupted) plants a hand on Mastress's shoulder. "You're here." It's said as though it's some sort of profound realization. She removes her hand, taking a couple steps back, posture indication mild panic. "Why are you here?"

Character avatar

"Now who is this?" Mechakoloss muttered to herself as she saw the new figure approaching. B.E.A.R not offering anything that could be useful in the moment. Unsure of what to expect, she'd put her free hand in her pocket and stand up. Slowly approaching the other two capes with a casual pace. Trying to let their attention on one another occupy them while she got close enough to listen in.

Character avatar

She shrugs and gives a faint laugh at the whisper, a wide smile on her face "Ive had some practice and the occasional crime so far, though really nothing big or exciting yet....so it was either this or go for some dramatic poses on rooftops and hope someone snaps a picture while making it look natural" she tilts her head at the thought putting a finger to her cheek before shaking the thought away.

Turning back to look at them fully she listens, her eyes going to the moths for a second and pursing her lips. She really hoped they wouldn't try and eat the fabric, moths did that right? she hadn't ever had them in her wardrobe but that was a thing she thought. Though maybe they just go for old dusty clothes...hopefully

Keeping a cheerful attitude she raises her hands to face them. "Hey Hey now, That's not the important part you should be asking. Why am i here? I was walking through the park. Better Question? Why did i stop? The answer is, Because you looked like you were having a bad time and superheroes are all about helping those having a bad time right? Sure its not as glamorous as fighting in the street or stopping some major crime, but given how far down one bad day can lead, seems only right i try and help when i see it you know?:

She made no move to move the hand from her shoulder, nor did she flinch, she just remained sitting there in a relaxed posture and crosses her legs. The girl seemed out of it, given how she flipped from one emotion to another and errative behaviour. She idly wondered if she was actually having some sort of mental episode? or maybe the stress had just been that much. Either way she could only really figure out more by talking.

"And you seem like you're having a bad time, so, I was thinking if you wanted someone to sit with in silence, talk to, or if there was something that could be helped with more directly? Seemed like a job for someone with free time and a willingness to help" she laughs once more with the same beaming smile across her lips. "If you want to talk that is"

Character avatar

Cruach AnOrganism 9 months ago (edited 9 months ago)

Cruach straightens up to a rather impressive height, now that she's actually fully standing up straight. There's the impression that she's taking a deep breath, even though it's not audible and her chest doesn't rise and fall any more than usual. In a more confident voice, still at a low volume, but now projected and with an audible hint of an accent, she addresses the other cape. The projected confidence is somewhat undercut by little clues of her posture, the way her shoulders and feet are angled, the small motions of her hands, and a strange sort of twitching where there really shouldn't be under her hood. "Not quite what I meant, though I do appreciate it."

The moths disperse for the most part, though a few remain in position. A number head in the direction that Mechakoloss is approaching from.

Her head tilts slightly to the side as though she doesn't quite understand and is slightly suspicious of the words. The gesture is made all the more bird-like by her mask. "I respect that." There's a slightly-too-long pause while she figures out how to say what she wants to say next properly. "I'd like to know a bit more about you, if you don't mind? So few purported Heroes really want to help." Despite her words, her posture doesn't relax.

It's at this point in the conversation when a couple of the moths draw close to Mechakoloss. Cruach's head turns abruptly in her direction, the lenses of her mask conveying the intensity of the look just as well as an exposed face would, given the rest of her stance. She takes a couple of steps back and laterally, putting Masstress roughly between her and the new cape. A slight ajustment of her head indicates she's addressing Masstress. "Friend of yours?" The tone is even, calculating. Where before her posture leaned more towards frightened or off balance, now it shifts towards something more coherently combative. "You had me going there for a good couple of seconds." Something shifts under the hood again. A smell like mildew, rotting fruit, and moldy bread starts to slowly intensify. The way Cruach's rather baggy costume hangs shifts and changes, as though something is dragging it down.

Character avatar

"So much for listening in." Mechakoloss muttered to herself as she stood up a bit straighter. Her giant mane of hair shifting to properly reveal her mask. Slowly she would continue to approach, slipping her straw under her mask once more to sip from her drink.

"Evening, don't worry I'm unarmed... Well except for my belt but if I take that off my pants are probably going to fall."

She rattled the heavy chain belt around her waist. Seemingly trying to make a... joke?

Character avatar

Raising her hands wide to her side the woman gives a sudden slap to the rear of the bench to throw herself upwards to a standing position with a grin and looks down on the woman most likely Masstress seeming to be about six and a half feet even before the heels she was wearing. "Question away little birdy, also, you really should relax, i know you seem out of it but you really are seeming a bit overly stiff and rigid, so how can i hel...." she does stop at the second question however, seemingly unaware of the second individual until they announced themselves "Hmm? I mean strangers a friend you haven't made yet and all that, but honestly no idea who that is? not that parks don't have there share of voyeurs sometimes but it really isn't cool to be spying...oh" she stops and turns back to Cruanch "Oh right the other question, Masstress by the way, Glamourous Hero, Single, 121-61-91, enjoy long jumps across the rooftops and good days at a spa, anything else that peaks your interest?" She raises a hand to offer it to them.

She remains extremely casual and relaxed through it all, the smile not fading and genuinely cheerful and bubbly, though her nose does seem to twitch slightly at the scent emitting from the costume, not that she mentions that.

Character avatar

Cruach stands at what looks to be a solid 6'2", and is not wearing heels of any kind. There's an unimpressed undertone to her voice as she responds. "That sort of thing might work on your usual villain, and I'm not here to knock a decent strategy, but I'd appreciate being at least somewhat professional here. You caught me at an inopportune moment, but that doesn't mean all standards should be ignored." There's a pause as she takes in the situation again. "Thank you for answering my question, though. I'm Cruach."

She seems to believe both capes, at least in respect to them not knowing each other. Her posture relaxes from a loose fighting stance into something simply tense. She doesn't accept the handshake, instead turning slightly to address Mechakoloss. "It's rude to eavesdrop, though I understand." There's a pause as she processes the attempt at a joke. Her tone is dry, but in an amused way, as she responds. "We wouldn't want that. Mind introducing yourself?"

Character avatar

"Im not anyone important really. The name is Mechakoloss, or Mecha if you don't want to rattle the whole thing off every time."

She'd stick her hands in her jacket pockets, her tone somewhat confused as she glanced between the two of them.

"Did I interrupt you two on some sort of very specific blind date? I mean, it would explain why you looked so nervous. Not really sure why else anyone would just list off their measurements to someone they just met."

Character avatar

She raises her hand "Hey Hey, Are you accusing me of plotting something? Well, every minute of every day but nothing untoward regarding yourself. I am not trying a thing unless you want me to" She lets off a playful chuckle and a wink before waving off her hand at the thanks. She doesn't make any actual movement in the fighting stance though, putting the hand back to her hip before glancing at the new arrival.

She laughed once more at the mention of a date "I mean it depends, the downside to big masks like those is you can't see how cute they are underneath, and not exactly an ID you can check to make sure a person is not too close to the cradle." She seems to idly inspect her free hand's nails as she speaks, still as casual as ever.

Grin widening further she strikes a pose, making a somewhat circular motion with her hips as if showing off "I mean got a lot to be proud of, I am not above admitting may have a little bit of an ego and pride in what I'm working with. I mean heroes wouldn't dress in spandex and bodysuits if they didn't want to brag and show off a little right?" finishing the short display with another laugh.

Character avatar

"Mechakoloss." She pauses, committing the name to memory. "Nice to meet you." She adjusts her position, taking a few steps such that the three of them are in a rough triangle instead of a line. She's close enough that conversation is easy, but far enough that she can keep them both in view and isn't in immediate reach. "Not a blind date, as far as I'm aware at least. A chance encounter that I'm thankful for, though." Her head turns quickly, facing a space between the two for a brief moment. She stops, sights, and then turns more completely to address Mastress next.

"I suppose ... " She trails off momentarily. "Though I'm a bit more concerned with the practicality of it, that probably comes down to a difference in powers." It's clear that the display is getting to her in some way, but she's doing a decent job of maintaining focus and keeping the conversation at least somewhat professional.

Character avatar

Mechakoloss leaned back on her heels and shrugged. She had the body suit on under the leather jacket and jeans she wore. Not a huge fan of showing off her figure in the best of times. Though she wasn't above watching someone flaunt what they had. Chuckling along with Masstress' laugh and shaking her head. The wild mane of hair swaying back and forth.

[Pilot, what is that woman talking about?] Mechakoloss heard in her head, her chuckling stopping quick.

"Dont mind her, it's not important and I'll explain it when you're older."

[I do not age Pilot, you know this. Are you being affected by some sort of ability? Your heart rate is slightly elevated.]

"I'm fine big guy, relax. Nothing out of the ordinary."

To the other two Mechakoloss just seemed to be relaxing, her head shifting to follow the conversation. One hand casually in her pocket while she finished her drink.

Character avatar

She raises a brow at the villain's comment. "Practicality? The difference in powers? Oh don't worry about any of that, I am extremely flexible" She makes a small show of stretching, putting one hand to her lip as she raises the other and seems to bend almost ninety degrees to the side before laughing to herself "But its nice to see your grateful for the company, you were looking so gloomy when i first caught sight of you i just had to get involved."

She turns to Mechakoloss noticing them going strangely silent "Normally they don't go so silent until I tease a little more, It's adorable really but again the masks, you never can see if they are blushing or not"

Character avatar

Cruach AnOrganism 8 months ago

Cruach freezes, if only briefly. "If you can get away with it, who am I to stop you?" She shifts her weight slightly, a measure of the nervous energy from before seeming to return, if not as badly. "You've certainly managed to divert my attention." There's a slight hint of suspicion in her tone, and something under the hood of her costume shifts.

She sighs minutely, at a probably inaudible volume, and addresses Mechakoloss as well. "If you're here to investigate or monitor, I'd rather you be up front about it. If not, we can have a nice conversation and then all eventually be on out ways the better for it."

Character avatar

Mechakoloss Dee 8 months ago

"There's a mystique to the mask though. The fact that you don't know if you're getting to me makes me grin. Or perhaps it doesn't. Hard to tell. Besides, I'm just giving the conversation room to breathe."

The shaggy haired woman chuckled and tossed her cup into the trash bin beside the bench. Then seemingly deciding she'd rather relax she'd drop down onto said bench and put her arms up on the back. Head tilting back to look up at the sky, seemingly unconcerned with looking away from the two strangers.

"Investigate is a strong word for it. I was curious, that's all. I'm not exactly a person of authority or whatever. I just like to know what the other folks wearing masks are up to when I spot them. Consider it... Extreme people watching. As some of those people don't like to be watched and will gouge out your eyes at the slightest provocation."