Heavy Metal Percussion

Created by
Dee
on Sunday, 13-Aug-2023 17:14:51 UTC

Character avatar

Mechakoloss Dee 8 months ago

Scrapyards were a treasure trove for tinkers. Metal, machinery, materials. All it took was some digging and after a few hours a determined cape could have enough platinum to work with. Of course automotive steel wasn't anything to sneeze at, though the process of separating it from the paint and rust was a painstaking pain in the ass process. It was this bounty of resources that had drawn in Mechakoloss to the the Rust Brother's Salvage Yard.

She had settled into a fresher area of the yard and, after assuring the employees that there was no danger. She would summon in the Himalaya. The massive machine dropping down with a thunderous crash out of seemingly nowhere. The woman in the bear faced mask would set to work, approaching a mountain of cars with the massive machine shadowing her. Selecting one and letting the machine effectively brute force disassemble the vehicle with its hands. Plucking out various bits and pieces and setting them aside before moving the picked clean car over to a designated pile that the owner had said she could leave the scraps.

In a way it was similar to watching a massive beast picking through a pile of pre-killed prey. Plucking out the bits that it wanted and discarding the rest.

Character avatar

Homerun Elizabeth 8 months ago

Spending time in the scrap yards was normal now. Not like they prevented her from popping in, especially how easy she made the job for anyone who showed up. She would just lay on the cars until they started to sink and move on to the next one. She was a known quantity and the money she brought in for them was helpful. She knocked the dust off her cleats and... Saw the mech. Adjusting her mask she stepped over.

"Hey there pal, sure is a lot of uh... Metal there" She points to the mech and not the scrap pile being made.

Character avatar

There was a moment of hesitation, then the woman in the bear mask would nod and motion for the machine to stand down. Carefully it would crouch, tucking its "hands" near its ankles. There was a moment of quiet before the stranger spoke. Mechakoloss, a near non entity herself was surprised to find someone with even a bit of local fame bothering to show up at a place like this.

"That's the Himalaya. My design, just collecting some scrap and spare parts for when or if I need to repair it."

"This isn't like.. a territory thing is it? Because I can leave faster than I got here if I have to. No problem at all."

Character avatar

"Def not a territory thing. Just checking in on the situation. I'm just doing my warmup before I go put some innings in" She flashes a quick grin.

"When a giant robot is in the space I just have to check it out. Obligation to the safety and well-being of the people. Gotta check if you are playing the field when I'm up to bat and all."

"Haven't heard of you. So which team do you play for? The V's of the H's, cause that going to change the tone of our conversation pretty quickly."

Character avatar

There were a few more moments of silence before the woman suddenly chuckled and shook her head.

"No, I don't think I'll be doing any bear puns. I have enough of those in my work."

"Now uh, I play for my own team I suppose? I'm not looking to cause any trouble, I'm fine on funds and no one in my family needs avenging. But.. You know, teams and regulations on the hero side of things aren't really something I'm interested in. Mostly I just try to stay out of the way and focus on my work. Plenty to do after all."

Character avatar

She shrugs and leans up against a car, placing a hand firmly on it. "That is understandable enough. I got scouted by a newspaper on a simple little robbery being stopped short. How I got my name and all. So, big hometown hero. It's good by me. I am not looking to drag anyone into the field with me. I have a good gig and I like being sponsored by the team. Steady, convenient, and as long as I don't mess things up the shareholders don't bother me."

"That said, need any help?" She turns from the car and starts folding the hood like origami.

Character avatar

"Neat trick. I wonder if I can get the Himalaya to fold a hood into a swan. Might be something I can gift to the scrap yard and let them sell."

She'd turn and motion the machine over, heavy stomps shook the earth as it got closer and she motioned for it to kneel down again. Looking into one of the sensors she'd start to make a hand gesture. As if folding something in a certain way. Then indicated a nearby vehicle with a flat hood. Moving over it would pluck the hood off with the sound of ripping metal and the massive claws would start to fold it into the shape of a "paper" frog.

"Surprised I still remembered how to do that. Used to make them in high school by the dozens."

Character avatar

Homerun Elizabeth 7 months ago

"It is good to keep hobbies alive. I took a bunch of classes in uni that were really helpful in just being artistic and stuff. No practical applications, but it is fun to just not work constantly."

She keeps folding the hood until it is a small origami bear.

"And it is just cool to fool around with like this. How much longer are you going to be? I've got what I came for, but I can afford to sit in the dugout for a bit longer. Nothing major happening tonight by my look of things anyway."

Character avatar

Mechakoloss Dee 7 months ago

"Not many hobbies I'm able to keep up with in this line of work, or in my previous one. My big beast over here requires a healthy dose of attention. All this metal doesn't move itself unless I'm making sure all the parts are functioning at one hundred percent."

She'd sound genuinely proud of the machine as she gave it a pat, and if Homerun was especially observant she might see it leaning into them!

"I was just getting started in here, if you'd like to help maybe I could write out a list of vehicles that might have the materials I need? If you want to help with the scavenger hunt that involves finding the right models."

Character avatar

Homerun Elizabeth 7 months ago

"I mean, I don't know anything about parts and pieces. I can rip the things apart for you though as easy as can be and I don't mind helping out where I can."

She shrugs.

"Depends on what you'd want me for. I've got a bit more time before I have to step up to the plate anyhow."

Character avatar

Mechakoloss Dee 7 months ago

"I just need you to find these models of cars if you can. Me and the Himalaya here could work on dismantling them."

The woman would start to pat through her pockets, fishing around until she finally pulled out a piece of paper. Holding the rumpled and slightly grease stained page out towards the baseball player.