Wrathchild

Created by
unknownmercury
on Monday, 10-Jul-2023 04:05:50 UTC

Character avatar

Iron Maiden unknownmercury 9 months ago

Her entrance into the city had been quiet and unassuming. Nobody here would know who she was. She'd have to start over again. Damn Archon and his hard-on for her. But it was fine, she could cope. She was the toughest bitch to ever come out of the Great Lakes area.

An imposing figure in black iron armor walked down the street, a long sword in hand. Curls and twists of metal threatened pain to anyone who tried to fight her. As she walked, she slammed the sword into trash cans, car doors, trees, whatever was in her way. People stayed out of her way. Good. They already knew to fear her. She stopped outside of her target of choice, a shady little loan place, the kind that handed people a couple hundred bucks in cash and then charged them exorbitant interest rates. She strode inside and made her way towards the back, ignoring the employees telling her she couldn't go back there.

She was Iron fucking Maiden, she could do whatever the hell she wanted.

Character avatar

Cylynx ZyberLynx 9 months ago

There was always something new happening in Denver, at least that's what they'd told Cylynx when she was transferred and she wasn't disappointed. It was her first patrol since the incident in Devilfish and it already looked good.

Clad in her Nemean Lion Power Armour the hero stepped off of the roof where she'd been tailing her quarry, her prey for the evening, and slammed into the concrete outside the loan office. Waiting to the count of five before slowly standing up to her full height, presentation was important when making a first impression.

"Villain, I will give you once chance to surrender, but if you do or nya't you're coming with me."

Character avatar

The black-suited knight paused as she heard the crash, and then groaned quietly at the pun. She turned, and was not at all surprised to see a cat-suited cape standing in the entrance of the building.

"I do not know who you are, but rest assured, hero, that I do not care. If you try to fight me, you will suffer for it, and it will be in vain. I am leaving this building with all of the money they have, and you cannot stop me." She hefts the sword up to point at the armored hero.

"Come, then. Let us dance the dance of death!"

Character avatar

"I am Cylynx, Hero of Justice and the answer to society's issues that you put forward!" She postured, dropping into the fighting stance of a grappler. "You'll be leaving with nothing but a bruised ego, a broken will, and a failed goal."

"Show me what passes for fury among your misbegotten kind."

Character avatar

Iron Maiden unknownmercury 9 months ago (edited 9 months ago)

She couldn't help smirking behind her helmet. This hero was cheesy, but she liked that. What was the point of being a cape if you weren't going to showboat and be over the top about it? "Very well, cur! Have at you!" And she lunged forward, leading with the point of that absurdly sharp sword. It probably wouldn't outright pierce that armor if it hit, but it would dent it, maybe pierce a small way, and it would hurt like a motherfucker all the same.

Character avatar

Cylynx ZyberLynx 9 months ago (edited 9 months ago)

Cylynx flexed, her claws slipping free through the tips of her armour. "En garde!" She laughed, matching the villain's lunge with her own. The blade was ignored, Cylynx's self preservation was as strong as ever, much to her own chagrin as the tip pierced into the Nemean and sent a shock of pain through her body that she wasn't ready for while wearing said armour.

"Shit." She snarled, reaching up to grab the back edge of the blade, the LED on the helmet shifting from blue to red.

Character avatar

"I don't relish the idea of killing you, heroic cat. Retreat, let me go about my business. I'm highly lethal, and you'd do well to avoid fucking with me." Even this sword won't actually slice through the armor, but if she can punch enough holes in it she's bound to hit something vital eventually. If nothing else, the visor will be a weak point in the armor.

"But before you do, I would have you know who has bested you. I am Iron Maiden, Fury of the Bay."

Character avatar

"Highly lethal?" Cylynx growls, looking up to glare at Maiden helmet to helmet, "I haven't seen you do anything but talk and surprise me with a pinprick. Why don't you show me instead of blowing smoke up your own ass?"

Cylynx flexed for a second before stepping backwards out of the Nemean and jumping over the suit towards Maiden with a laugh escaping her lips, "Let us test our mettle directly!" The suit shouldn't be put at risk until she was sure that Zipdash could help her with repairs.

Character avatar

Maiden scoffs. "Very well, then." In a smooth motion, she pulls the sword from the suit and spins, slashing with it. It starts with two hands, putting as much power behind it as she can, and ends with just one hand following through to sweep the blade all the way around. The full 360 degree arc of the sword causes quite a bit of damage, slicing through computer monitors, phone sets, and anything else unfortunate enough to be sitting on a desk within about six feet of the knight.

It's just a very lucky thing the employees and customers of the establishment have long since found their hiding places for the cape fight.

Character avatar

Iron Maiden couldn't have given Cylynx a better opening, despite the damage to the surroundings the catgirl aimed for her opponent's back. She wasted little time digging her claws into the shoulder and side of her helmet. "We've heard of the Dark Knight rising, now I think it's time for one to fall." She growled as they spun, likely not having paid any attention to the damage that Iron Maiden's armour would do to her.

Character avatar

As soon as Cylynx jumps on her back, Maiden starts pushing spikes and barbs up out of her armor to try discouraging that tactic. "Tell me, hero, what do you hope to achieve with this method? You can't hope to pierce my armor with your feeble claws."

Character avatar

"My claws may be not be long, but they're sharp." She punctuated her point by dragging her claws down Maiden's mask, one of her claws breaking off from the force of ripping into the metal. "And just because I have one trick, doesn't mean I can't learn more!" Cylynx pulled her arm back and slammed her fist into the claw she'd unwillingly left in Maiden's helmet. "Lemme know how this feels."

Character avatar

"I don't feel anything except your petty attempts to punch me." Maiden can't exactly use her sword on the cat grabbing onto her, but she can try to shake the hero loose. With that goal in mind, she throws herself back, slamming against the Nemean and the door behind it.

Character avatar

Cylynx snarled in frustration, certainly not from the spikes and barbs ripping into her skin.

"I should have brought a can opener for your stupid costume!" She snarks as the Nemean steps out of the way, shifting itself over a few feet and letting the pair smash through the door.

"Property damage won't make me go any easier on you!" Cylynx grabs at Maiden's helmet to avoid falling off.

Character avatar

The villainess growled and reached up to try and grapple the cat-themed hero. "Very well, then. If property damage won't do the trick, perhaps physical harm will." Her gloves begin growing claws of their own, trying to dig and tear into flesh.

Character avatar

Iron Maiden's own claws are far more effective, pulling chunks of skin and flesh from Cylynx's form as she holds onto the villain.

"A good imitation, I'm almost flattered!" She laughs through the pain, reaching up to grab at the face of Maiden's helmet, attempting to grab at the eyeholes to twist it and blind her opponent.

Character avatar

As the fingers start groping around her helmet, Maiden grabs onto Cylynx's wrist. With a lunge forward she manages to dislodge the annoying woman. "You have made yourself a nuisance, Cylynx. I hope you are ready to pay the consequences of that."

Character avatar

Being thrown was a feeling Cylynx would never get used to, but at least it wasn't as disorienting as it used to be. Everything kicking into slow motion for a second when she was weightless was interesting, as was the feeling of her helmet slipping off to clatter onto the ground a few feet away.

With the air pushed from her lungs it was all Cylynx could do to cover her face as she gasped for breath, laying on her back looking up at Iron Maiden. She'd been a fool to forget her domino mask in her excitement to patrol.

Character avatar

Maiden pauses as she sees the helmet hit the ground and her new nemesis scramble to cover her face. It's a bit too late. She's seen the blonde hair, the green eyes, the button-like nose, the stubborn chin. If she weren't so annoying, she'd almost be cute. Nope, shake that thought, this is an enemy.

"Damn you," she snarls as she steps back from the hero. "Get your fucking helmet on."

Character avatar

Cylynx took a moment to sit up, still holding her hands over her face before she scooted over to her helmet and sliding it on; making sure the strap was fastened properly this time.

"This doesn't change anything..." She growls, standing and moving between Maiden and the building. "I'm still going to stop you." Her words should be heated, but they sound barely lukewarm. The visibly fresh scar tissue covering all the injuries that Maiden had inflicted already.

Character avatar

Maiden growls and grabs the hero. "Fucking stop, you ignorant-- I'm not fucking continuing after that sorry-ass display. We need to discuss where we're going to meet so that I can share my identity with you without outing myself to all of our fucking witnesses. Pick a neutral territory and a time, and I'll find you." She wants to hurl the hero through a wall, but that wouldn't be great, considering what just happened.

Character avatar

Looking at Maiden was too much for Cylynx after having her sails deflated so easily, "Yeah, fine." She grabs a cell phone off her utility belt, just a cheap burner phone, and tosses it towards Maiden before grabbing out her own and sending a short text with the address of a sub shop, the Smiling Moose on Sherman street. "Tomorrow at noon." Cylynx knew the rules, but she hadn't expected her nemesis to follow them so closely. "This doesn't mean you're not my nemesis though."

Character avatar

"Believe me, I would love nothing more than to destroy you." She frowns. That didn't come out quite right... "In combat. Destroy you in combat." She steps back. "Tomorrow. Noon. I'll see you there, Hero of Justice."

The next day, at noon, a tall blonde woman walks through the doors of the sub shop, wearing a raggedy band tee, ripped blue jeans, and combat boots. She looks around, glaring with icy blue eyes at the other patrons of the shop until she recognizes the almost childish face. She approaches and slides into the seat across from her.

Character avatar

Cylynx tensed as she listened to Iron Maiden's steps across the room, her eyes almost boring a hole into the tabletop.

A black toque kept her hair out of her eyes despite the hood from her dark purple hoodie being available to do the same, while she tugged nervously at the fraying edges of her hoodie's sleeves; the fabric worn away by her repeatedly looking for comfort. Black work pants with built in kneepads hung over the top of her faded high tops.

"I didn't expect you to show up..." Cylynx, no, Alia now that she didn't have a persona to hide behind, mumbled at the table.

Character avatar

The younger woman sneers, looking down her sharp nose at Alia. "I fucking well had to, didn't I? Especially if your superiors found out. If I didn't show up, they would have probably hunted me down and forced this. Better to do it of my own free will. We don't have to exchange names, do we?" That part, she honestly didn't know. Just showing a hero her face was bad enough.

Character avatar

Cylynx ZyberLynx 9 months ago (edited 9 months ago)

"Probably, Zip is pretty good with rules like that." Alia shrugged as she finally looked up and made eye contact with Iron Maiden, seafoam green eyes locking onto icy blue. She took in every detail of Iron Maiden's face; committing it to memory without realizing it.

"You're not what I expected under all that metal." Alia stopped fidgeting with her sleeve and picked up a menu, accidentally exposing her arm as she reached and all the fresh surgery marks from her long night of fixing herself up before coming here.

Character avatar

She growls. "Fine. If you insist. I'm Anetta Lang." She huffs and grabs a menu of her own. "Fucking stupid, this whole situation." She looks over the menu with cold disdain, as if subs are too low class for her. Occasionally, she glances up at Alia, as if making sure she's not about to attack.

"Does your boss know you self-harm?"

Character avatar

Alia couldn't help the giggle that escaped her lips, ending in a small snort. "You have to be fucking with me, that cannot be your name." She shook her head, looking for any sign of deceit in Maiden's eyes. "It really is. I'm Alia Long, nice to meet you under better circumstances."

"Do you know that is a touchy subject for most people?" She scowled, pulling her sleeves back down and slipping her thumbs through a couple of the well worn holes to keep them in place.

Character avatar

Anetta scoffs. "Fucking tragic coincidence, a cruel trick of fate." She tosses her menu aside.

"Yeah, I know. Don't care. I watched enough girls develop eating disorders and suicidal tendencies that I stopped caring how touchy it is. Does your boss know?"

Character avatar

"In another time I bet you'd love it." Alia smirked back, letting her own menu fall to the table.

"She does, but I'm not sure if we're on the same page about all this." She gestured to her arm, shaking her head at the waitress who was coming over to check on them.

Character avatar

"Don't act like you know me, Alia." She snorted and shook her head. She looked up at the waitress. "Meatball sub combo with a coke." Once Alia placed her order and the waitress left, Anetta leaned in.

"What is all this, then?"

Deleted post

Character avatar

"You don't want to get to know your Arch Nemesis? Think of the taunts, I know I could come up with some good ones." Alia placed her own order, a trio of subs; tuna, teriyaki chicken, and pizza, all fully loaded.

"Some of this," she hisses, "Is me cleaning up after our fight. Mistakes I've made while working. And some... is from years ago."

Character avatar

She shakes her head. "I'm looking forward to ruining you," she grumbles. "Whatever. Fine. So, what's your fucking deal, then? If you want to be my nemesis, I should look into your... abilities."

Character avatar

"On the first date?" Alia snarks, she was getting more comfortable after the barbs they'd been throwing at each other. "Behave Anetta."

"Quid pro quo then; if we're going to do this." Alia takes Anetta's hand, flexing her muscles and gently pressing her unbroken claws into Anetta's palm.

Character avatar

Anetta glares, but she doesn't pull her hand away. As the claws dig into her palm, she forms a small spike of metal to press against Alia's in return. "You saw me in the armor yesterday. I form metal through my skin."

Character avatar

"Interesting." Alia mumbles as she stares at the spike between their palms, mind racing for a moment as her power shouts in her head before she shakes herself back into focus.

"I have supernatural hearing, I'm like a living lie detector." Alia tilts her head, listening to Anetta's vitals.

Character avatar

Anetta nods. If her heart rate picked up after touching Alia's hand, that's just anger coursing through her. Obviously. "So what's your actual power then?" she asks quietly. "You seem to have a lot going on."

Character avatar

"I have a lot more than that going on..." She smiles, proud of her power. Whispering back to Anetta, "I'm a wet Tinker. The scariest kind."

Character avatar

"Fucking Tinkers." The words are out of her mouth before she can stop them. She pulls her hand back, the spike scraping along Alia's palm. "Why do I always end up with them as my mortal enemies?" She huffs. "And wet? You do experiments on people?"

Character avatar

Alia winces slightly at the sudden pain, her wound closing up as the blood touches the air, drawing back and making a fist. "That's a question I can't answer..." She huffs back, pulling up her sleeve to expose the map of scars. "I'll let you figure out who I work on."

Character avatar

She nods slowly, considering. "So you being my nemesis just means that if I beat you once, you'll... implant something to overcome whatever weakness I exploited?"

Character avatar

"Maybe, I've got a lot of ideas floating around in here... Or you beat me bad enough that I don't get back up." Alia shrugged, looking back down at the table and wrapping her arms around herself.

Character avatar

"Unlikely. I've held back enough to not kill anyone so far, and I doubt you'll be the first unless you really piss me off." Anetta raises a finger to silence Alia as she sees the waitress approaching with their food.

"What's your favorite movie genre?" she asks, sounding like someone on a blind first date.

Character avatar

"I've been trying to expand my horizons, I don't watch a lot of movies that aren't documentaries. One of my work friends recommended I try some more horror stuff." She leans forward with an awkward smile, putting her hand back out for Anetta to take as the waitress sets their food down. She'd seen them holding hands before after all. "What about you?"

Character avatar

"I revel in horror," she says with a smirk. "Slasher films are great, but I also like suspenseful stuff as well. Maybe sometime we could catch a movie." Fuck, did she really just say that? Smooth, Anetta.

Character avatar

"Maybe we can, you could reach me all about horror." Alia snorted, "And listen to me complain about how badly the slashers are doing." Certainly Alia wouldn't be hiding from the screen in fear, no never.

Once the waitress was gone Alia was upon her first sandwich in moments, it didn't stand a chance. "You haven't know me that long, I have a tendancy to banter. I've been told it pisses people off."

Character avatar

"That's fine, you already piss me off." She bites into her sandwich and grumbles. "I haven't killed anyone yet, like I said, and you're tough enough that I probably won't go overboard."

Character avatar

"Then I'll have to double down, really get under your skin." Alia shrugs, starting on her second sandwich. "I'm not so fragile, you can certainly try and take me out. We'll make a night of it."

Character avatar

"What the fuck is this right now?" She glares at the older woman, setting her sub aside. "Are we fighting or flirting, here?"

Character avatar

"You tell me, only one of us has made the other bleed so far." Alia puts her own down, glaring at it instead of Anetta. "We're nemesis... Right?"

Character avatar

"One fight does not a nemesis make." Anetta huffs. "You want to make me bleed, you'll have to fight harder than you did yesterday. Come up with something to punch through the armor, or go for the joints or something." She leans forward, and the table tips a bit as her weight rests on it.

"Or we can not go out of our way. We... We did this thing that had to be done. You know my face, I know yours, your boss probably knows mine now. We can just ignore each other unless we happen to run into each other in costume."

Character avatar

"I can do a lot worse than make you bleed..." Alia pulls a wad of bills from her wallet and sets them down, easily more than the bill would be. "C'mon, I'll show you why I'm scary." She wraps up her food, stuffing it into the pocket on her hoodie before grabbing her drink and downing a fistful of pills.

"Unless she found a way to send people I wouldn't hear, she shouldn't have a clue." She moves out of the booth, "Where's the fun in that? Who says nemesis have to be enemies?"

Character avatar

She wraps her sandwich and grabs her drink before sliding out of the booth as well. She doesn't even think about it until she's standing. "Fuck it, I guess I'm in. You're more interesting than my previous nemesis." And far less of a dick than him, as well.

Character avatar

Alia grabs one of Anetta's hands and tugs her along, fully unable to actually move her if she didn't want to. Yet. But it doesn't take too long for the pair to arrive at Cherry Creek, where Alia excitedly jumps down the embankment to the trail. "C'mon it's only a few meters! Jump!" She waves to Anetta.

Character avatar

"I'm not scared of heights, Alia." She jumps down, landing heavily on the trail. "Where are we going?"

Character avatar

"I never said you were scared of heights I thought you might just be worried about damaging the concrete. But given what I know about you I think that was a dumb worry." Alia smirked, looking around to make sure they were alone. "If you had to compare your metal to anything, what would you say is the closest? Steel? Titanium?"

Character avatar

She snorts. "Concrete is tougher than that. I'm only 600 pounds, give or take." She looked around, not sure what Alia was trying to show her. "Archon said it's like titanium, but less brittle. It can punch through steel and stuff, at least."

Character avatar

Alia pulled out her phone and did a quick Google search, "Mhm, okay... So, one of the things that makes me scary." She flexes her jaw and spits a little glob onto the palm of her hand, harmless in it's current state. "So titanium melts at about 1,700 degrees celsius. And this..." She wipes the glob off onto a stick before spitting a second glob of something else onto it, and watching the whole thing start to burn in a second. "Is a synthetic that I produce. It burns at nearly 3,000 degrees celsius." Alia tosses the burning stick into the water and keeps walking as it burns itself out under the water.

"So, what do you say? Am I a bad enough bitch to be your nemesis?" Alia asked with all the false confidence she could muster.

Character avatar

"What is with Tinkers and needing to be so fucking over the top?" She snorts and elbows the smaller woman. "My last nemesis had this big-ass flaming sword that he made specifically to melt through my armor. Bastard. Just promise you won't fully set me on fire and you can be my nemesis."

Character avatar

"I'm not over the top! He's just showing off and being excessive. And I'd never use this on a person, a master construct or a building maybe." Alia huffed, insulted for a moment before processing the rest of Anetta's words and tackle-hugging the taller woman. "Yes! You mean it? We're nemesees! This is going to be awesome, I can't wait to tell Black Cat, he'll be so proud!"

Character avatar

Anetta groaned, trying to break the hug. Not trying very hard, mind, because that would probably hurt the cat girl's feelings. "Nemeses don't hug, Alia!"

Character avatar

"That's not true at all! Black Cat and Amalgam even kissed before!" She releases her hold on Anetta, "Nemeses can be friends!"

Character avatar

"By definition, they cannot! If they're kissing, that means they're not enemies. Also, Black Cat's Captain should seriously discipline them for kissing a villain." Anetta rolls her eyes. "C'mon, I have something I need to check up on."

Character avatar

"Black Cat is the villain." Alia giggles, "Amalgam is a good guy, he actually introduced me to anime."

Alia falls in to step with Anetta, "Where are we going?"

Character avatar

"You're friends with-- Jesus, what kind of hero are you?" She shakes her head as she makes her way back to the street and starts walking.

"There's a children's dance studio around here. I want to make sure everything is... legitimate."

Character avatar

"I'm friends with Amalgam, I just happened to catch him and Black Cat so they didn't have a choice but to introduce me." Alia shrugged, "It's not my fault, Black Cat didn't notice me and he kind of jumped on Amalgam."

She looks at the taller woman, "Why did you say it like that?"

Character avatar

She grunts. "They weren't nemeses," she insists as she rounds a corner.

"I did the pageant and dance scene for a long time as a kid. I saw stuff. Never was a target myself, lucky me, but... Things get bad, sometimes. I want to make sure it's not bad here. Also, maybe find a way to reinforce to the parents that they shouldn't force their kids into dance if the kids don't want to do it. A lot don't, but the parents want their precious darling to be fancy or some shit."

Character avatar

"Fine." She huffs, "I guess I'm coming along as your escort then..." It would seem that Black Cat and Amalgam were an anomaly.

"I'll make sure you don't get out of hand with the kids that do want to be there."

Character avatar

"Kids are off limits, unless they're Wards. Even then, I don't go out of my way to fight them unless they start it. And if they're younger than sixteen, I generally take it easy on them." She'd had enough troubles back home with that. Once Archon had caught on that she went soft on the younger Wards, they had been a lot of his response to her. Bastard. Dick and bastard.

She gestured towards the studio. "If anyone asks, we're scouting the place out for my niece."

Character avatar

"That's a shame, I had some of my best fights as a ward." And some of her most grievous injuries. "Shitty of him to use them like that, he's supposed to teach not exploit."

"You think they'll go for that, with how we look?" Alia raised an eyebrow, pulling her forgotten half sandwich back out.

Character avatar

"My sister is the black sheep of the family." She smirks a bit, unable to help herself. "She believes that her daughter should learn to dance and recite and play piano, instead of go to concerts and mosh. Our parents are crushed, but I support her bad parenting habits."

She shrugs and heads inside. A class is in session, girls (and a single boy) as young as four learning ballet on the floor, while parents watch from the sidelines. She loathes it.

Character avatar

"Wow, you really are a villain." She laughed, finishing off her sandwich and tossing the trash away with a swish. "She lied as easily as she breathed." Alia added.

"Ungrit your teeth before you crack one, I can almost feel you grinding them."

Character avatar

"I can spot four kids at a glance who you can tell don't want to be here." She huffs and crosses her arms. "And that's just the ones who aren't hiding it. Hate these places..." She paces a bit behind the row of chairs for the parents, watching the three instructors work with different groups.

Character avatar

"And what are we... Are you going to do about it? The parents won't care about some random girl's opinion." Alia follows her pacing for a few moments before stepping in front of Anetta, "Will you stop that?" She hisses, "If you keep this body language going we're leaving."

Character avatar

"Make the place undesirable. Make every place like this undesirable, so the parents might get it through their thick heads..." She stops when Alia steps in front of her. She could just barrel through, but that would just cause a fight. "What would you have me do instead, Alia?"

Character avatar

"Not act like a villain out of costume? Not traumatize the kids here, even if they don't want to be? Do you think heaping that on top of whatever issues they're going to or already have, issues you're well aware of, will do any better if they get a dose of the Black Knight tearing this place up?" She pushes into Annetta's personal space, "The parents won't give a shit about you doing something stupid, they'll just move on to another place and drag their kids along with them."

"Be the change you want to see, show them the wrong. Don't try and force it..." She offers, "Think of your favourite Hero, a real one, with a capital H. What would they do?"

Character avatar

"I don't know any heroes like that. They'd all do nothing and pretend the problem doesn't exist, when I know better." She growls and turns to stalk towards the door. "I'll figure something out."

Character avatar

"Rude, I'm right here." Alia rolls her eyes and jogs after Anetta. "Then what are we going to do? Huh? Talk to me, if you think that we're just going to ignore everything."

Character avatar

"No, fuck off." She rounds on Alia, jabbing a finger at her. "Heroes ignore shit like that all the time, and excuse it with 'well, nothing I could do.' You don't want to make waves, so you turn a blind eye to the exploitation of children. Most of those girls are going to grow up with body image and mental health issues. Even if it's only a few years, they're going to suffer that, and nobody wants to do anything about it."

Character avatar

"Yeah?! You think we're all bad guys, huh?" Alia pushes Anetta's hand out of the way and starts advancing. "First, I just want to make it clear to you that a real Hero, doesn't ignore problems. I don't ignore problems."

Her voice was sharp with each word, "And don't you ever throw exploitation in my face." She was shaking in anger, "I want you to think for a second, Anetta, what kind of person tears into their own body and changes things if they have a positive self image."

She wasn't backing away from the taller woman, either Anetta would need to give her some space or they'd be pretty much chest to chest. "Put up, or shut up, Anetta."

Character avatar

Anetta doesn't back up, and ends up glaring down at the older woman. "You think you're the first person to say that to me? You're fucking not, and I'm sick of you all asserting that you're different. Remember that I wanted to do something, and you told me it was a bad idea. So, why don't you do something about it, if you're so smart? Figure out a way to make it stop, or get the fuck out of my way so I can destroy at least one of these awful establishments!"

Character avatar

"And do you think you're the first person to not believe me? To see a catgirl theme and think I'm a joke?! That I wouldn't willingly step in harms way to protect somebody, anybody, you?" Alia couldn't hold a candle to Anetta towering over her.

"I would go to the edge with a smile on my face. And I told you what you were doing and going to do, was stupid because you would only make things worse for those kids. Because I could see you getting upset! Because burning everything to the ground doesn't help anyone!"

"I'm not smart, I'm determined. But that means I won't stop until we find a solution." Her voice was much softer, the fight was gone bashing her head against this problem wasn't the answer.

She pushed through the final space between her and Anetta and wrapped her around the taller woman's waist. "We aren't getting anything done for them if we keep yelling at each other."

Character avatar

It's so very tempting to grow spikes from her body, impale Alia, cross the line into being a hero killer. She almost does it, almost lets her anger take over.

She doesn't move. "I hate everything about those places and the parents who do that to their kids. How do we make that stop?"

Character avatar

"We start by removing ourselves from this environment, we go get something to drink, then we sit somewhere like the park. And once we're there, you tell me about it piece by piece. Then we see if it's something we need to tackle as a whole, or if we can do it a little bit at a time." Alia talks into Anetta's chest at first, before realizing that wasn't helpful and turning to lay her head sideways instead. "And thank you for not turning me into a pincushion, I'd hate having to explain how I came back from a date looking worse than a patrol."

Character avatar

Anetta starts to respond automatically, before her brain catches up with her ears. "I-- We're not-- This isn't a date!" She pushed away from Alia and turns, trying to hide her blushing face. "Fine. Park, let's go. Know of any nearby?"

Character avatar

"Mhm, Sunken Gardens park is close by." Alia nods and points, hiding the small smirk on her face by walking past Anetta. "Pretty sure she's going to ask about it like it was, how long we've been out here. This isn't really a regular mask off and go."

Character avatar

"I should have kicked your ass while I had the chance." She stalks after Alia, glaring at her back. It is a tempting target. She grumbles the whole way to the park, sorely tempted to take off running and not look back at the crazy hero who thinks that nemeses kiss when nobody is looking.

Character avatar

"You still could! Nemesis remember?" Alia laughs back, relaxing as they walk to the park stopping only to get a couple of drinks from a concession stand by the entrance and flop down under a tree.

"So, run me through it step by step. Where does it start so we can figure out how to step in."

Character avatar

Anetta doesn't sit, opting instead to lean against the rough bark of the tree. "What do you mean where does it start? It starts with shitty parents making shitty decisions for their kids, and institutions like that preying on people's idiocy."

Character avatar

Alia rolls her eyes at Anetta's words, pulling her phone out and writing it down anyway. "Okay, so two points of contact... Educating parents and vetting companies. Given your comments on the parents I expect that way is a lost cause, so... We've gotta work on this from the other side, what about visits from a local Hero to things like these little extracurriculars so the kids can speak freely?"

Character avatar

"They won't, except maybe the youngest. The older ones will be too scared to disappoint their parents or nervous they'll get in trouble somehow." She grunts and rubs her shoulder against the tree. "Vetting the company... Maybe? They should be doing background checks on their employees, but that's never a guarantee."

Character avatar

"Okay, fuck. Alright, then we skip that step, of course the easiest way doesn't work." Alia looks up at her with a frown, "Where else could we go? There isn't much else to work from."

Character avatar

"You know my preference for what we do. If you want to do this by the book, I don't know what avenues we've got." Anetta sighs and straightens off of the tree. "Fuck it. Forget the whole thing, alright?"

Character avatar

"I know, and I don't want to go that route because then we'll have to fight again." Alia rolls over until she's looking up at Anetta with a smirk, "And you wouldn't want to hurt little ol' me, right?"

She reaches up for Anetta to pull her up, "I'm not going to give up on this, you wanted a Hero, and you've got one."

Character avatar

Anetta grumbles as she grabs Alia's wrist and lifts her fully off the ground. "You're annoying, has anyone ever told you that?" She shakes her head. "Fine. Let's just call it for the day? Date's over, let's go home and think about how we want to continue our relationship."

Character avatar

"Often, usually accompanied by bodily harm. This one time, I was in patrol with another Ward we got chased into a warehouse by this brute... And I quote You little Wards are such annoying creatures!" She put on a big fake voice, "Right before he hit me with a chunk of rebar and concrete he tore out of the wall. Broke both my arms."

She lets herself be pulled up, "I thought this wasn't a date." Alia's humor drys up as she looks at the ground, "Go home? B-both of us?"

Character avatar

"As in I go back to my house, and you go back to whatever test tube spawned you." Anetta rolled her eyes and started walking. "Honestly, Alia. You know my face, but you don't get to know where I live. That's privileged information."

Character avatar

"I knew that! Shuddup! It wasn't a test tube..." She huffed, "Fine, I guess you've had your fill of the Hero of Justice today. See you at your next robbery?"

Character avatar

"Mm, probably. I need cash, so, y'know." She shrugged and waved before heading off towards the nearest bus stop.

Character avatar

Alia watched her go, waiting patiently until the bus pulled away. Once it was out of sight she wrapped her arms around herself and flopped to the base of the tree. She was completely exhausted, being Cylynx while she was being Alia was too much. "I'll just take a nap, then head back to base..."

Deleted post

Deleted post